I highly value conducting policy-relevant research in collaboration with partners.
- 2019-present Lecturer/researcher in Applied Psychology at the Hanze University of Applied Science in Groningen. Teaching courses in research methods, behavior change, international communication, international aid & development, bachelor thesis supervision.
- 2020-present Coordinator Global Mental Health Network at the Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD).
- 2019-present Consultant in global health and development research – owner of ‘Global Health Ethnography’.
- 2014-2018 PhD candidate in the Anthropology of Global Health at the Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM), University of Oslo. Ethnographic research on the local implementation of reproductive health projects in collaboration with Save the Children Norway and Malawi.
- 2013-2014 Master’s degree in Medical Anthropology and Sociology at the University of Amsterdam. Research on adolescent sexual health in collaboration with Anan Clinica Foundation, Nampula, Mozambique.
- 2013-2014 Lecturer in Applied Psychology at the Hanze University of Applied Science in Groningen. Trainer in intercultural communication and coaching of students in social psychology course.
- 2010-2012 Researcher in Behavioral and Social Sciences at the Insitute for Integration and Social Efficacy (ISW), University of Groningen. Evaluation research on youth mentoring in collaboration with the Oranje Fonds.
- 2007-2011 Bachelor’s degree in Applied Psychology at the Hanze University of Applied Science in Groningen. Research on voluntary participation of migrant organizations in collaboration with the Public Health Institute (GGD), Department for Sexual Health, Groningen.